Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Jimi Hendrix?

Yesterday Jeff had his guitar lesson. He has told me several times with a roll of his eyes that his teacher, Alex, thinks he is really talented. To confirm these statements that Jeff apparently can't bring himself to believe, several weeks ago when we were getting his guitar "set up" at a local guitar shop the owner said "oh, you're Jeff? Alex was really bragging on you when he was in here!" And we don't even know that guy! That is quite a compliment. Last night when he got home I asked him if Alex was impressed. He said "yeah, he said me and two other guys are the best he's seen. He said I could be really good in a couple of years and be in a band." Whoa! I'm so proud of him! Since I know he would NOT want to be in a band I said sarcastically, "so are you going to start a band?" To which he replied, "I AM the band." And I said "I could be in your band!" "I'm not going to do you any special favors, baby, but you can audition, I guess" he replied. Oh my husband.

No comments:

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...