Monday, June 15, 2009

Celebrations!

Well, time for some fun stuff in the midst of all this house stress! On the 11th we celebrated our 1 year anniversary! It was great :) We exchanged gifts and went out to "our restaurant", Paravacini's. Then we celebrated Fathers Day early yesterday because a) I thought it was Fathers Day and b) when we found out I was wrong we realized we'll be on vacation during the actual Fathers Day and so Cade wanted Jeff to open his present early. Enjoy the photos :)

Cade made Jeff a portable art kit. Complete with close pins to hold his paper, a little cup for his pencils or paint brushes, an area to mix his paints and a little nook to set the brush or pencil he's using on. So cute!



Here is Cade building his very own sawing table. (he loves to build!)


Happy 365th day! (we saved a bottle of wine for a year instead of cake!)


Here are the gorgeous flowers my hubby got for me.




Well, this didn't turn out, but I got Jeff a bunch of stuff for our "new old" truck. And on the gift bag as well as on each item I put a little tag telling how being married is like buying an old truck. For example, on the tarp I put that he protects me. And on the straps I put that we can handle anything that comes our way by strapping it into place and moving on. Cheesy stuff like that :)


Here he is opening his truck stuff.


Clarence is enjoying the tarp as well.


We got Cade an anniversary present, too. A tool set! He really liked it. I wanted him to know it was an anniversary of us all becoming part of the same family. I think he liked that.


More truck stuff.


Reading the comics the tools were wrapped in. He loved that, too!


Reading the cheesy messages ;P
Then end. We're supposedly closing on the the house by Thursday at the latest, maybe Wed and possible Tuesday. Which means probably Thursday. I can't wait to have all those papers signed and keys in hand. What a relief it will be to go on vacation having that FINALLY finished!

3 comments:

Kim said...

You are so creative with gifts! Happy Anniversary! Cute couple pic. And, Cade looks so much older here! Did you cut your hair?

Sarah said...

You are so creative, Ter! I love it! Happy anniversary! Love you & miss you!

Sarah said...

P.S. Love the new background & colors!

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...