Sunday, October 31, 2010
I found a cool idea at Design Sponge for pumpkin carving. (http://www.designspongeonline.com/2010/10/diy-project-janices-illustrated-pumpkins.html) I tried it out and I'm pretty pleased with the outcome even though I didn't have any of the necessary tools and my hands were in pain after all the work! It was a wonderful weekend. Why can't weekends be longer?!
Grace with three of her favorite little people, Sophie, Thomas and Henry.
Tiff, me, Marcy, Grace, Steph and Sarah. Marcy was the gracious host of the party and the adorable littles are hers :)
A great shot! Aren't my friends beauties???!!!
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Steph and Grace looking glam
Me and Gracie
We tried to get a good photo of all of us. Problem was we had this crazy man snapping the pictures. Oh well, it's still a memory.
Me, Tiff and Steph
Just a small idea of the big crowd walking from the lightrail to the stadium.
Even the trees were Broncos fans :)
The socks did make an appearance!
An empty stadium. It didn't pack out until right at the beginning of the game. It was Orange Sunday. Everyone was supposed to wear orange. It didn't look that orange in person, but we heard it looked pretty orange on TV.
The cheerleaders wore pink and the band was fun!
During half time they had breast cancer survivors tell their stories.
And random pictures of veggies. The cilantro is from our garden! I wanted to use garden tomatoes for the salsa, but they just didn't turn in time. I confess the salsa isn't as good as it would have been. Oh well!
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
"The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them."
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Friday, October 8, 2010
Clarence wanted to help give Jeff his gifts :) Happy birthday Jeff!
This card was from my parents. It was a music card with a country song. They no just how much he loves country. haha...
Reading a birthday email from Patsy and Jim who are in Ireland.
Broncos throwback socks! Hilarious, right? Nothing can beat this pose. Hopefully he'll wear these to the game in two weeks!
It is so fun celebrating with the ones you love. Thanks to everyone who wished Jeff a happy birthday!
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Dear Hubby, Happy Birthday.
- There is no one like you, but if more people were like you, the world would be better.
- You are an amazing painter.
- You are an amazing father, which I will break down, because, duh, this encompasses a lot!
- You are patient with Cade.
- You are willing to play games with him that you normally wouldn't care to play. And you win, which is crazy and funny, and probably really good for him :)
- You teach Cade how to be responsible with chores, helping with dinner, cleaning up messes, being nice to the kitties, being kind to his friends. And you don't just talk the talk.
- You don't get frustrated when Cade goes through struggles, you are understanding and patient and encouraging.
- You encourage good grades and don't hesitate to tell Cade you're proud of him when he does well.
- You show a genuine interest in the things Cade enjoys, his everyday life, even though I know it must be so hard for both of you to have to talk about those things on the phone, rather than get to live them out together.
- Political correctness around me is non existent and you think it's just so funny to push my buttons with your crazy phrases, even though I know you are really a softie and respect people and their differences.
- You like to do projects on the house to make it more like a home. You know I hate to paint and you tell me I don't ever have to.
- Even though I can't do a lot of helping on some of your projects, you like me to just be there with you, keeping you company, and that makes me feel so good.
- You like to sit on the couch and relax together. I think nearness is how you show love :)
- You get trapped by the intense and deep plot of Desperate Housewives with me and want to see what will happen next ;)
- Your crazy fake laugh when you watch funny movies or shows and the fact that I really don't know if it's fake or not.
- How you love to nickname your students and to have good relationships with them. And I know they love you because they joke with you, they ask you to come to their sporting events and they give you a hard time.
- Your appreciation for the small things I do, like sewing on a button. Your thankfulness makes me feel like I saved the world with that button!
- You are an amazing landscaper.
- Your loyalty to the Broncos! OK, actually, the way your moods are like a crazy woman's hormones during a game is strange and odd, but also endearing and funny. (even though I would clearly never laugh at the horrendous running game we have. Or the fact that if we fumble the ball on one play you are yelling mad and the next play they make an interception they have the greatest player in the league ;)
- The fact that you built a budget for us and you are so good at taking care of our finances and making our family secure, and at the same time we don't have to pinch pennies because you want to enjoy life.
- You make me feel like I'm a good wife by enjoying my cooking and telling me I do a great job and that things have turned out perfectly (even when they are burned or raw or just plain gross).
- You are an amazing woodworker.
- The fact that you don't get worked up about much. You are so even keeled, which keeps your wife's extreme emotions in check. What? They are in check! Imagine my emotions without your steady guideline to follow.
- The way you keep me from being a worry wart.
- The fact that you like to make our own traditions and do special family holiday things with just the 3 of us.
- You don't care if all your cloths have paint stains and holes and yet you still look HOT.
- Your contentment with solitude.
- You get along so well with my family. Not only do you get along with them, you truly like them.
- Your sweet relationship with your family and the fact that it was so easy for me to fit right in with all of you.
- You don't want to see me cry.
- You are honest.
- If I'm sick or have a bad day you are compassionate and you commiserate with me, making me feel like my hurts are your hurts; and it always makes me feels better.
- Even though being around lots of people isn't your favorite, you really are great with people and people really enjoy you.
- You do things with me, to make me happy, even though they wouldn't be your first choices.
Happy Birthday, Love. You.Are.Hot., funny, smart, intelligent, talented, well-rounded, kind, a great teacher, soft-hearted with a tough exterior, trustworthy, conscientious, a loving husband and dad. I could say so much more. Guess I'll wait for the 50th bday! You are loved and deserve to be celebrated. I am so looking forward to what is in store for you and us in the next 34 years!