Monday, April 12, 2010

A spontaneous trip to "the farm" (Nebraska)

My grandparents have been living in Nebraska for eons. They have lived on "the farm" for almost as long as I have been alive. My family has enjoyed more memories on the farm than I can even begin to share. Scottie and I even used to get to take a week at a time alone with friends in the summers with my grandparents. From six-wheeling to boating to camping to fishing to hide and seek to baking to tickle monster to turning in crushed cans for money, we have had non stop fun. My mom and I made a spontaneous trip this weekend to visit. It was the first week back since Granddad returned from AZ where he had his heart attack. It was such a great weekend. Here are some of our memories from this trip:

Mom showing me this amazing new wine bottle opener that opens a bottle with just the press of a button!

Might I add this wine is from Nebraska!


One of my favorite lamps-a roman soldier of some sort, more than 30 years old.


Sitting out in the sun drinking wine. We tried to get out of the wind, but it was fruitless. Oh well, we were still happy :)




Grandma is a sucker for the tabloids. I had no idea! For the record, she didn't think Katie Holmes was pouty in this picture with Tom Cruise ;)


I got to crash a wedding reception of a best friends sister. Kimberly and I went to college together. We live far away but I will always cherish her friendship. This is her gorgeous daughter Avery, the flower girl.


Kimberly, Anthony and Avery


More of my favorite things around the farm. The clothes line.


The bird houses.


A view from the back.


The thermometer.


The propane tank. (or a horse depending on your age and imagination.)


Birds.





And the love birds :)


A view from the side.


The flowers.


Scrabble!


The rolltop desk complete with a pictures of the twins, Alma and Elma (cousins or aunts of someone...)


The piano.


The picture of Grandma with her 4 brothers.


The kitchen ladies on the wall above the stove.


It really was a wonderful trip. Hopefully Cade, Jeff and I will go back this summer. Two summers ago Cade had a great time catching a turtle, fish, frogs, mice and I believe there is so much more to get!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Love the farm shots! Looks like such a fun visit. The lovebird shot is adorable! And, I didn't know twins ran in your family!

Blomgrens said...

What a neat place to visit. I can imagine having a ton of memories from childhood there. I'm glad you and your mom took advantage your free weekend!

Sarah said...

that looks both relaxing and fun :) I think my fav is the "horse" :)

The Lynns said...

Looks like fun, Ter! :)

mom said...

You would make a great realtor with all those fun pictures!

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...