Sunday, September 12, 2010

Breathing Deep

Well, it's not Fall yet, but I couldn't wait any longer to bring out my fall touches. Of course I don't think pictures do justice, but for memories sake, here they are. We are watching football (of course!) and the smell of my pumpkin spice candles as we relax on this cool evening is enough to make me smile for days :)







Today was Race for the Cure at Garden of the Gods. This is the 3rd year Mom and I walked with our friend Angela, who is a survivor. There were 15 in our group, 3 survivors and several loved ones we walked in memory for. What a devastating disease, but what hope there is in events like this one. It was a GORGEOUS day and such fun to chat with these wonderful people. Another reason to smile for days!


Angela and Jan at the finish line


Our group approaching the finish line.


Angela and her daughter Caitlyn and Caitlyn's bf Dean.


Mom, me and Angela




Our whole group at the beginning!


And of course what is a blog post if it lacks random shots of the kitties?

This is a rare moment when the kitties are next to each other and not fighting.


This is Clarence's window, and trust me, he will climb through those blinds.





Last weekend Jeff and I went for a hike in Palmer Park, this amazing park right by our house in the middle of the city!



If you want to give your wife a heart attack...


Can you see the cat back there?...

...One of the neighbor cats enjoying our cat mint.


And that's that. Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love it! I wanted to comment on each individual event, but that might get a little lengthy. I'll just say you look happy & gorgeous. Love you & miss you!

jotoart111 said...

And can I just say that I think Clarence is the bomb!

Sara Joy Martin said...

oh!! I love your fall decor!! I need to get my stuff out but am waiting for it to get colder out. yay for fall!!

jotoart111 said...

Boo, I'm sorry the first day of fall for you is usherd in my sniffles and body aches..feel better! you will be missed!ramik

jotoart111 said...

Boo, I'm sorry the first day of fall for you is usherd in my sniffles and body aches..feel better! you will be missed!ramik

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...