Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fall Fun!

Fall is here, not that you could tell by the weather! It's still in the upper 80s during the day, which seems so hot for almost October! But it is great so that our plants keep growing and we can enjoy the weekends outdoors.

Here are some shots of things going on in our backyard.

My lovely Rose of Sharon bush. Yes, it's tiny, but it's so pretty. Hopefully next year it will really grow!


One of our tomato plants. It has so many green fruits! I hope they will turn before it starts freezing at night! Can you imagine the salsa I could make? YUM!


Two of our froggies enjoying the day.


I so want to capture the fish on camera so you can see the beauty of them I can't even describe how cool they are. And they've grown like CRAZY. Alas, they are totally scared when we get close, and my far away pictures are not good. Oh well.







Our cilantro. Yep, salsa, baby.


Last weekend my friends Jo and Jody and I went to Canon City for the Harvest Fest. It was at the Holy Cross Winery and was such a wonderful time! We tried wines, had crepes for lunch, listened to music, sampled the goods and watched the people. It was a delight!

Jo, Jody and Ter


Sisters!


The old abbey. It's owned by a private corporation now, but was a boys school and an abbey for a long time. The last monks left in 2000!



(just look at that Colorado blue sky. Love it!)











Communion???

Alpacas at the fest!

This band was great. They were singing modern songs in their Hispanic accents. So fun!

Um, tall much?



Happy Fall!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

those are some amazing pictures! love hearing about your adventures. And oh my goodness, I still can't believe that's your backyard. SO impressed with all you guys have done with it!

Sara Joy Martin said...

It looks like you had so much fun at that festival!! And I need to have you and Jo over for lunch!!! I'm so sorry it hasn't happened yet. I had company, but now things are calming down. I'll be in touch! Also, I love all the green growing things in your backyard. Makes me want to grow a garden!

jotoart111 said...

That was a great Saturaday! Much fun with the ladies, delish wine and incredible food!!

emily anderson said...

i love YOU...and your comment :) it made me smile!

and seriously girl, you look the exact same as you did 10 years ago. beautiful!

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...