Friday, March 9, 2012

Olivia Layne - 10 Weeks

Olivia Layne, you are 10 weeks old! You are clearly just as cute as ever. I had to throw a headband on even though it's not Daddy's favorite thing. (He worries it might bother you even though it's super loose and soft.) You are still about the same as far as fussiness, but I try and take you out a couple of times a week on errands, to keep my sanity, to get things taken care of and to get you a change of scenery. You usually do pretty well :) Maybe Target will become your favorite store, too. You spit up much less now, usually only if you're trying to poo right after you eat. You still have trouble pooing and you HATE water, so we gave that up, but it seems like maybe it's not quite as difficult as it was just last week. I keep hearing that 12 weeks is a big turning point for a lot of babies. Two more weeks will show us if that's true for you and I sure hope so. The colic doesn't seem to be getting better yet, but I'm really hoping we're on the downhill side of it. Your poor Daddy just loves you so much and has such a tender heart toward you that he can hardly stand to hear and see you cry in the evenings when you're going through the pain or discomfort that you're experiencing. Obviously we'll both be so relieved when you can be a happier more comfortable baby. I try to play with you on the floor each day, but it is a challenge since you aren't that happy a lot of the time. When we do play on the floor we look at the lights toy that plays music, we play with Raggedy Ann and Andy, Sophie the Giraffe and a few other toys. I brush your hair at night before bed and read you bedtime stories and then sing you lullaby's. I give you a bath about twice a week and it depends on the day whether you like it or not. You like to put your fists in your mouth and suck away and the sucking noise it makes just cracks me up! You don't put anything else in your mouth yet, but I can see that you'll probably love to when you figure out how. You usually like to ride in the car still, but last night you were so fussy that that was the only other thing I could think of to do (I was exhauseted!) and you cried the entire time we were in the car. Oops! But then we came home and you snuggled me on the rocking chair in the nursery, which was such a precious moment. You don't have a nap schedule yet. Sometimes you sleep for 30 minutes at a time, sometimes for 2 hours. Yesterday you snuggled on my chest for your 2 hour nap. I didn't get anything done, but I wouldn't have traded that! You've been sleeping between 5 and 6 hours for your first stretch at night for about a week and a half! It's amazing to get that much sleep at once. You then sleep for about 2 hours at a time, and I can hardly function when it's time to nurse, but we are making it work. We found a babysitter for you. We are going to visit her today so you and she can get to know each other a bit. I'm only going to leave you for an hour with her, but I know I'll cry even so. I can't imagine how I'll leave you all day in a couple of weeks :( I don't want to be without you, my little Laney Bug, even though our days can be long and challenging sometimes, I just love being around you all the time. Right now you're laying in your boppy while I type. You are so sweet! We can't wait to see what the next several weeks hold for you as you grow and develop even more. We love you and love being your parents!





1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey friend!! I've been offline for about three weeks, but I've been thinking about you!! Glad things are going well... hang in there friend... the turning point WILL come!!! Love you so much! Can't believe how big Olivia is already!

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...