Monday, March 9, 2009

Is there a pill for this?


Seriously. I think I have a little problem. Not like I’m a drug addict or I get so angry I throw sharp objects at strangers. But a cleaning problem. And really, how can cleaning be a problem? See, I clean on Monday nights. I love a tidy and clean house. It literally soothes and calms me to get the place clean and then be able to sit and soak it all in. I decided on Mondays after one too many weekends where I’d clean like crazy only to have Jeff work on a project and the place got all dirty again. See this happy balance we have now. Except all I’m doing all day at work today is THINKING ABOUT CLEANING! “remember to vacuum that spot where the plant tipped over.” “remember to wipe down the surfaces in Cade’s room this week.” “don’t forget to clean up the laundry room.” “should I mop even though I don’t want to because even the tiniest smudge on the floor is enough to occupy my thoughts for hours.” And on and on and on. I literally wish I lived close enough to work that I could go home and get started during lunch. Maybe it’s a good thing I don’t ;) There has to be a pill for this.

“a clean house is a sign of a wasted life.” Yeah. Right.

1 comment:

Kim said...

If you're cleaning your house on Monday nights, can you come clean ours on Tuesdays? I need help!

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...