Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Girls just wanna have fun!

Team Jeannie! I did the Race for the Cure again this year with my mom and her friend Angela. Last year Angie was not able to complete the walk because of her cancer. This year she did! What a victory! Not only that but she is wearing the pink "survivor" shirt. YAY! This year our team was for Jeannie, another woman who taught with my mom and Angie who is going through cancer for a 2nd time now. Say a prayer for her if you think of it. And for all of these brave women.

Gorgeous Garden of the Gods park was the setting for the race. The clouds and fog made for really lovely pictures not to mention a nice, non-sweaty walk :)


Eli (Angie's son), Angie, Mom, Caitlyn (Angie's daughter) and me.






Kissing Camels












The race beginning.


Look at all the people! 7000 showed up this year!


Me and my adorable mom. I love this picture of her!


Me, mom and Angie


The finish line! Jan and Angie!

Fondue Party! I had some girls over to enjoy the new house-a housewarming of sorts. It was so fun!

Shannon, Grace, Leslie, Megs, Stace, Liz, Kelly (and BB) :)


Liz and Megs helping stir the chocolate. It was a big job, people.


The spread. I made a lavender drink that was really quite delicious I do believe.


Let's eat already!
And finally: new hair. Short. Brown.




Thanks for stopping by! See you soon :) xoxo

4 comments:

The Lynns said...

I was totally at the Race too, Ter!! Too bad we didn't run into each other! Oh yeah, and LOVE the hair! :)

Anonymous said...

Omg.. so jealous. I missed fondue night!! Glad you are having a great time! By the way I love the hair Terr!

Sarah said...

1. What great pictures of the race... and such a great cause! Loving the picture of you and your mom :) You're making me miss Colorado though!

2. I would've totally be there for the fondue party. You know, if I didn't live about a zillion miles away. :) So fun!

3. Love the new hair! Super cute!

Blomgrens said...

Okay the race looks like it was a success! Sorry I couldn't join you. And I LOVE your hat, you look so great in it! Annnndddd, thanks for including BB/Norah :) Love ya!

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...