Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Shoe dilemma

Jeff and I have different tastes on pretty much everything. (except food. we LOVE Mexican food! although let's face it, I'm a vegetarian and he's not, so I guess even with food we have different tastes.) Well yesterday I went to Target on my lunch break. Mistake. I have been saving up a little of my budget money for a shopping trip with Mom and Grandma in mid October. Needless to say the money is gone. But I did get 3 shirts and a pair of shoes! And I think they were pretty good deals-especially the shirts. The shoes, though, I haven't decided if I will keep. (yes, I'm an impulse shopper and a returner!) They are cute, black, sensible flats that I find stylish. Jeff on the other hand thinks they look like old lady shoes. :( So I'm torn. Because I want Hubbs to think I look cute. But I also want some practical fall and winter shoes that are age and attire appropriate. I asked him, "well what should I wear?" "Heels." Aw, so sweet that hubby of mine. But I have some short black pants and short jeans (hello, my legs are LONG) that I need flats for. So maybe I'll just have to ignore the fact that whenever I wear the new shoes Jeff will cringe. Or maybe I should find something different. See the dilemma? See?!

2 comments:

Kim said...

That is a dilemma. Would something like a kitten heel work for those pants? That might be a good compromise between the heels and the flats. Or, maybe take him shopping with you to find some "non-old lady" [in his opinion] flats?
Miss you!

Blomgrens said...

I don't know Jeff all that well but... will he really notice the shoes every time you wear them? Or could you wear them on girls nights or work days only?! Just a thought :)

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...