Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Things I love about Autumn-even though it's not here yet.

Pumpkins pumpkins pumpkins!

The name.

The decorations! I have to hold myself back from putting up little Fall touches in the house until it's ACTUALLY FALL! I love to make these really cute tealight candle holders out of gords. I got the idea from Tiff and they are so cute! I'll post pictures when I decorate-WHEN IT'S ACTUALLY FALL!


The Aspen leaves.


Thanksgiving.
The crispness in the air. It brings a smell of the first day of school, sharpened pencils, anticipation and excitment.
Cozy nights.
Candlelight.
The colors.
The smells. Fresh. Clean. Warm. Harvesty. Pumpkins, hay, air, hazelnut candles. MMMMmmm.
There's just something about Fall. It's not even my favorite season, but isn't it so romantic?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am SO with you! I cannot wait for fall... the cool weather, crisp air, changing leaves, fun holidays. :) I'm so ready!

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...