Monday, October 12, 2009

Dancing with the Stars

I've mentioned it before; I LOVE this show. I love dancing. Love it. I've also mentioned that the show brings tears to my eyes. I think part of it is that I feel like I can SEE REAL people when they dance. Real, sweet, nervous, vulnerable, proud, hurt, needy, strong, scared, happy, fun-loving and more. From Kelly's doubt to her excitement when she nails a difficult step, to Aaron's nerves, to Michael Vincent looking down and trying to keep a smile on his face through the harsh criticism, to Tom Delay determined to continue even with stress fractures painful enough to hear him say "I can't do that." I'm sure that's not easy for him to say! The dancers facial expressions shoot right through me and I feel what they feel. OK, maybe that's a little dramatic, but I really am proud of them (even if they do get paid big bucks. and I don't know if they do.) Not to mention they are DANCING and I'm so jealous! I LOVE this show :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love it too! I'm not quite sure why... but I do!! I have to say that I think Kelly is my fav this year! Go figure, I didn't expect that! I thought Melissa Joan Hart would be (I just love her) but she's so nervous that it makes me feel nervous to watch her!

Sarah said...

ok so I just watched last night's show... bless little Melissa, she did so much better! Good for her :) I think she just needs to stick to the old-timey dances!

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...