Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas???

This weekend was the Annual Smets Family Christmas. That's my Grandma Ellen Smets Garretsons' family. She had 4 brothers and for as long as I can remember they have taken turns hosting the family Christmas gathering. I haven't been to all of them. In fact I've only been to a few. But I sure do love that side of the family. Each time I get together with them I learn a bit more about them and grow to love them much more. These pictures may not look like your ordinary Christmas gathering, but for us, it was nothing but joy and fun! Thanks so much Grandma, for hosting, your home was gorgeous and the food was delicious. Thanks, also, to everyone for driving to McCook and bringing scrumptious treats to share! Until next time :)



Aunt Shirley, Mom and Dad working on some Christmas trivia. (Cousin Nick in the background. PS these are my mom's aunts and uncles and cousins.)


The lovely tree.


2nd cousins: Braden and Kyle


Uncle Bill overseeing the game of Spades with Kyle, Brandy, Braden and Scottie.


Scottie and Brandy-so cute! Brandy is wearing earphones to muffle the shot gun!


Cousin Brent, his son Trevor, Uncle Bill and Braden and Kyle.


Target practice :) Brent, Nick (brothers), Kyle, Trevor, Bill, Scott, Brandy, Jim, Braden, Granddad and Dad.


Oh yes! Sledding behind the 4-wheelers. (I can't recognize this person...oops.)


Uncle Bill


We had two going at once!


Granddad getting Kyle ready for a ride.


Uncle Bill pulling Scottie.


Uncle Steve and Granddad.


Yep, I'm excited :)


Trevor giving someone a ride.


Oh boy. Did I mention the snow kicked up like a blizzard? There's Frosty-I mean Dad.


Poor Dad!


I thought I was ready. I was wrong! I had to fall off on purpose because the snow in my face was so horrible!


I know this is blurry, but I just love how Grandma is laughing and having so much fun with Nick!


The whole crew minus Sue and Jim and Brent and Connie who had to leave early.
Back row: Tom, Steve, Granddad, Trevor, Kyle, Bill, Jo, Nick
Middle 1: Marlene, Donna, Hannah
Middle 2: Ann, Grandma, Reed, Dad, Dorothy, Shirley
Front row: Brandy, Scottie, Janna, me, Mom and Braden


Granddad, Grandma, Steve and Gail

Oh, and this is back home. Check out Hubbs new coffee table! Isn't that a beauty?! Sheesh, my man is talented. Want one? (a table that is, not a hubby ;)




I'm practicing settings with my camera. Love this picture with the lights and the shadows on the ceiling.


Last but not least-Chloe. She was thirsty!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

several thoughts: I love extended family gatherings... I want some snow... sledding behind 4-wheelers is BRIILLIANT!... and yes, your husband is incredibly talented! I am impressed!

Kim said...

Your fam sure knows how to have FUN! The sledding looks awesome {so that's how they do it in NE?!...hehe}.

Also, love the table and the cat. Priceless!

Love you,
Kimmiey

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...