Monday, February 22, 2010

Recipe Review - Goat Cheese Balls

I'm not going to keep track of what number I'm on anymore. I'll just have to use the list on the side of my blog to do that for me. This week I made goat cheese balls for our salads. They were DELISH! Two thumbs up!!!


Directions:
Take 110z tube of goat cheese (or however much you want to use) and stir in 2 Tbs of finely chopped fresh rosemary and 1 tsp coriander.

Roast 1 cup pecans (I used walnuts because that's what we had) by coating with melted butter and baking at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely, then finely chop. When I was chopping I also mixed them with a bit of garlic salt and sea salt.

Roll cheese into marble sized circles, then coat with nuts. Serve with salad and enjoy. I had extra nuts so sprinkled them on the salad to enjoy.

For a delicious salad use mixed greens, add nuts, dried cranberries, raspberry vinagrette and cheese balls. YES! Healthy and delicious :)

No comments:

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...