Friday, February 19, 2010

Valentines Day


We had a great Valentines Day. I decided to plan it this year because I wanted it to be special for Jeff. Of course that wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I wanted to get him some water stones for sharpening his tools. So I went to one of the only woodworking stores in town during a lunch hour with my friend Staci. I probably stood in front of the stones for 39 minutes trying to decide how much to spend, what grit he needed, what brand was good. Finally, with the help of a store worker I made my purchase. Only to turn right back around after I got in the parking lot to return them in exchange for a gift card. I was just worried that Jeff, in his sweetness, wouldn't tell me if they weren't right and he'd have to suffer with the wrong stones! This way I knew he could get just what he had in mind. Then came the dinner plans. I wanted to go somewhere that had king or snow crab legs because Jeff loves them. Of course none of the fancy places I found had them except one and it was already booked for vday! :( Hmmm, now what? BBQ? Fondue? Nope, I decided to treat myself with the dinner choice instead and we ended up going to Nosh. We went there last year and I do love traditions. It's not that Jeff didn't like it last year, it's just that the portions are super small. They are delicious, very very delicious, but you either have to eat first to fill up a little or order a LOT. So we did both :) Jeff got me a gorgeous plant that he remembered I love and a chocolate raspberry bar that I can't wait to eat! It was a great day!

This is just an example of the delicious food at Nosh. Scallops in some sort of beat sauce with garlic sugar on top!


I love this picture of Jeff! I can't believe I caught him smiling. Now THAT is a good ending to Valentines day :)

3 comments:

The Lynns said...

Cute, Ter! Sounds like fun! And I love the pic of you two!! :)

Kim said...

What a fun day!!! I love the pic of you guys - you both look GREAT - that's a framer. Jeff should smile more in pics!

Sarah said...

Sounds like a good day to me. :) by the way, I adore that picture of you and Jeff... SO CUTE!

SO good to see you... wish we could've had more time together... maybe next time :) :)

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...