Saturday, December 25, 2010

Blessed


This is me in my new fuzzy slippers, drinking decaf coffee from my new Keurig coffeemaker, writing about our wonderful Christmas and Christmas Eve :)

What a wonderful day we've had! We got to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my parents and grandparents, and I do believe we all had a blast! We all got so many wonderful gifts, but one of my favorite parts of the whole time was when my granddad gave Cade his old BB Gun. He said to Cade, "do you know what an heirloom is?" Cade said yes and we all confirmed that it is a special present passed down from a family member. Then Granddad said, "well, you are my first and so far only great grandson, so I want to give you my old bb gun. I had a lot of fun with it, and I sure hope you do, too." Then he handed it over to Cade who inspected it and checked it out and said "this is really cool! Thank you!" He had a delightful reaction to the gift, thought it was so neat and was genuinely appreciative. It made my heart so happy, for both of those guys! Granddad had even etched Cade's name into the barrel. You know what Cade did for the majority of the past two days? Shot that gun! It was so cool to see that he was really having fun. He made targets, had contests with grandpa (my dad) and granddad and even shot the word Thanks into a piece of cardboard and gave it to Granddad. Maybe it seems small, but it was just really cool for me to be a part of :) (and I don't even like guns!)

We also had a treasure hunt, wonderful food, coffee and family time and I am so thankful for all of it. Next we're looking forward to spending time with the Schurz clan for the holiday. Can't wait! Hope you all had a wonderful and blessed Christmas as well!

Granddad giving Cade the BB Gun




Mom and Grandma snapping beans


Mom and Dad's beautiful forest tree. All the ornaments aside from the bulbs are made by Grandma with a picture from each year!


Jeff's famously delicious citrus glazed ham


The contest is on!




Yep, that's me. Old step mom had to show her skills, too :)



Cade fashioned a moving target by putting a can on the tire swing-it was a challenge, but not for long.


Christmas Eve dinner


The Thank You card Cade made for Granddad


Checking out the stockings. Cade waited forever for us to get ready to check them out! When Scottie and I were kids we'd wake up around 4 or 5 am and look at what Santa brought, then go back to sleep and wait for the parents to get up!


There was a compass and a note in the stocking. Cade learned how to read a compass and then proceeded on a treasure hunt. It was negative 5 degrees! BRRRRRRR!




The treasure!



All fogged up after the hunt!


Santa also brings scratch tickets ;)



Cade has been excited to get Grandpa a giant bag of coffee for a long time. This bag will make 80 cups! "that will probably last you a day."


Jeff's awesome magnetic tool wristband from Scott and Brandy.


Mom got an awesome new knife set


Grandma and Granddad opening


So handsome :)


Oh boy. He posed for this one. Thanks, babe.


Checking out his shortwave radio from Grandma and Grandpa.


Jeff putting on his manly face while he and dad put on his new hitch--haha!


During Christmas lunch a buck and doe came into the yard and we were all mesmerized.




And the belle of the Christmas ball, Ruby. Grandma put this on her head. She loves grandma and would wear that bow all day every day if it meant she would get some love from Grandma. Ruby is probably the best dog I've ever seen in my entire life.


Back home tonight and brewing a cup of coffee while my boys play video games. Yes indeed, we are very blessed. Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Sara Joy Martin said...

Ter!! Looks like such a great Christmas!!

Blomgrens said...

You look hot shooting that bb gun! What a fun Christmas you guys had. Miss you friend.

Sarah said...

It looks like you had an amazing Christmas! I am so glad!

oh and all your pictures of Jeff remind me soooo much of Scott & his extreme cooperativeness (is that a word?) with picture-taking! ha!

any fun plans for New Years?!

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...