Saturday, January 1, 2011

resolution

I am happy to say I completed my new year goal from 2010! I tried at least one new recipe a week! See Eating Animal Crackers for all those recipes. I've decided that I must be on a roll, while that may have been my first new year completion it won't be my last. In that light, trying to pick a goal for 2011 has not been easy. I've narrowed it down to 4 possibilities.

Stick to our budget. Budgeting is hard! I feel glad to have our finances in order and all laid out, but I could really be doing a better job, especially in the category that is mostly my responsibility-groceries. I don't know why it's difficult for me to stick to the numbers, but let's face it, when I'm in the store and see delicious donuts I sometimes veer away from the list!

I'd also like to be much better at taking care of my family and the earth in the products I buy and the things we eat and use. Speaking of budget...natural, organic, green things always cost more, which makes idea number one even harder.

Of course there is the standard dream of working out consistently (i.e more) and staying fit. I belong to a great gym that has fun classes and I know I enjoy going. So why is it so darn hard to get my car there after work? I can't tell you how many times I've said to my self over and over again "you're going to the gym tonight, you'll be glad you did, you'll feel better, you're going!" and then my car takes a left toward home instead of going straight! WHY?

My last idea is to be more assertive and involved at work. I've been there for almost 5 years now, and in my position for 3. I want to have more responsibility and I want to have a part in what goes on and how things are done in my department. My boss holds tightly to some things, simply because it's easier to do things herself rather than teach someone else; also because she's been doing things for 10 plus years. She is so busy, though, that I know it would be helpful to both of us if I could take on some more from her plate. I want to know more, go to more meetings, and be the obvious go-to person in production rather than the sometimes go-to person.

Perhaps I could do all of these things. Perhaps I could do a little in each area. I haven't decided just yet what my goal will look like, but I'll keep you posted!

Happy New Year to you!

1 comment:

Blomgrens said...

Sorry I'm soooo behind but, I'm catching up! I think you can certainly do all these things, you know you are organized enough and driven enough to make it happen!

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...