Tuesday, January 11, 2011

my FINE woodworker

Get it? Fine woodworker. FINE (as in hot, handsome, sexy, etc) woodworker?! :) Jeff has found something he really likes to do. He has made our kitchen table, coffee table, Adirondack chairs, and his latest project, a kitchen table made of walnut for his sister and brother-in-law, Jenn and Jake. These pictures are out of order, and I can't find the pictures of I took from the really early stages, but at least you get an idea of the beauty of this piece. The pictures don't do it justice, and I didn't really get a wonderful shot, but here it is. Man am I ever proud of my man!

Here it is, freshly delivered to Jenn and Jake's dining room from Jim and Patsy's garage. We took 45 minutes wrapping and loading this precious cargo for our drive to Montrose from Colorado Springs. It arrived safely there and ready for a last coat of finish!


Jim taking a look at Jeff's handywork from the underside. And you can be sure it looked just as beautiful from that view!


The boys (minus Jake) sitting at the table. Cade of course not looking.




A close-up view of the legs










carrying it in the house


getting read to take it out of the truck.


Jenn and Jake seeing it for the first time in the garage






putting the final coat of finish on




some sanding and filling (trust me, Jeff would be covered in sawdust after he worked on the table each time. Therefore my couch would be covered in sawdust! clearly it was worth it!)


Part of the legs before the finish


intense sanding




other parts of the legs before the finish


1 comment:

Blomgrens said...

WOW! I'm blown away. This table is so beautiful! I'm a little jealous right now. Seriously stunning Jeff!

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...