Monday, January 24, 2011

Finishing finishing and more finishing

We are in the process of finishing our basement. When we first moved in we were excited to see that the previous owner had framed and dry-walled already. We though, hey, great! We'll just get a permit and finish off the plumbing, some electricity, and some additional framing for a bedroom/bathroom. Not so much. The guy was crazy! He didn't really do anything right, so we tore everything down and out and started over. Let me tell you this is a long and overwhelming project! But I have never been so impressed with Jeff. I mean, he is literally able to do ANYTHING. Jim helped with the wiring initially, which we are so grateful for. We had our first inspections last week only to find out Jeff had to pretty much rewire everything in the main room. How disappointing! :( BUT, he was able to take what he learned from his dad, look at a wiring book like this:


,


draw a sketch, like this:




and VOILA, he did it all on his own in only a few hours! What a stud!

I actually ran home this morning for our 2nd electrical inspection today and it passed! 5 down, 3 to go. Then it's drywall time. Can't wait for this monster project to be complete! I have a video, but apparently it's too big and too long. Oops. I guess I'll see what I can do to edit it down, if anything. Until then, I'll try to post more pictures. Stay tuned!


1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am impressed!! Go Jeff!!

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...