Thursday, March 6, 2008

boy meets girl

How our whirlwind romance began:


This is a pretty good story. It goes to show that boys need more than hints :) We met for the first time probably 3 years ago. Jeff was the new math teacher where my mom teaches. I like to go and eat lunch in the teachers lounge with mom every once in a while, and one day I went and there was Jeff. CUTE! Later I asked mom a few things about him, and even though I thought he was this handsome young fella, nothing came of it. I think we saw each other a couple of times in the next couple of years in the same setting. Then in June I was moving out of my apartment and into a house but my brother and dad both couldn’t help me until later in the day. Whatever were mom and I to do? I know! Ask Jeff! So I had her ask him and he said yes! Pretty nice thing to do for a girl you don’t know and your co-worker when you could be hiking or enjoying the sunny weather. We tried to repay him but all he would take was lunch. I think he tried to get me to agree to help him paint, but that wasn’t going to happen! Hey, some people are just more generous than others ;) So we enjoyed a nice lunch together and once again that was it. WHAT?! The door was wide open for him! He says he drove off that day mad at himself for not asking for my number. Silly boy. Months pass with nothing. Then in November I get a cryptic email from my mom. Subject: Jeff might call you. That’s it. Hello, I’m going to need more information than that, mom! So she told me that during lunch the teachers were talking about Thanksgiving plans and mom mentioned that the family would be coming to my house this year and who knows what else was said, but the point of the story is that Jeff asked for my number! Or my mom said I wouldn’t mind if she gave it to him. Something like that. (good job mom!) YES! And he called that same night and left the cutest (I mean manliest) message. So I called back and we talked for a while. Then we made plans to go on a date. I was so excited! I’ve never been much of a dater. Especially 2nd or heaven forbid 3rd dates. But Jeff is the one to break through the walls and get me to go out more than 3 times! So that’s how it began. We fell in love. And now we’re getting married. EEEK! I’m so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am soooooooo glad to hear the boy-meets-girl story! I was wondering!! I want more pictures :)

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...