Monday, March 3, 2008

Yes!


Jeff and I got engaged on Friday night! It was aa perfect night and a perfect weekend. We went out to our favorite restaurant, Paravacini's. It's also where we had our first date :) Jeff was acting so normal--I had no clue whatsoever! We were having just normal conversation and enjoying a delicious meal with our favorite wine. I even brought up our first date and we talked about how fun and silly and long ago it seemed. Then Jeff said, “how weird that you’ve only gone to the bathroom once tonight. Don’t you have to go?” (I DO go to the bathroom A LOT, so we joke about it sometimes.) I didn’t think twice and just said “yeah, that is weird, but I don’t have to go.” I wasn’t thrown off at all. So we kept eating and a little bit later he excused himself to go to the bathroom. Turns out he needed to get the ring out of his pocket! My back was to him and the next thing I knew an arm reached around from behind me and there was a ring on the table in front of me. My heart fell right out of my body and my eyes got all blurry and I seriously thought it might have been a small heart attack! I was so surprised and so excited and happy! (for a split second I even thought “oh no, someone just put a ring on the wrong table! Silly girl! ;) He came around the table and then said “will you marry me?” I don’t know how long it took me to answer because I was literally speechless and trying to catch my breath. Of course I said yes! I think my expression must have scared Jeff because later he said he thought “oh no, she changed her mind!” oops! Of course I wouldn’t change my mind about marrying my one true love! Then we finished up with dessert and hand holding and googly-eying and smiling like idiots in love. As our server walked by I almost reached out to grab her and tell her we just got engaged because I was so thrilled and needed to tell someone if not the whole world! So I said to Jeff, “I almost just told her.” And she heard me and turned around and said, “I thought that was what just happened! Congratulations!” We even got a free Italian after dinner drink called Sambuco (something like that anyway.) It tasted like black licorice—yuck! But we drank it all to toast “forever.” It was really the perfect night!



7 comments:

Sarah said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TERRRRRRRRRRRRR that's AMAZING!!! I am SO SO happy for you!!!!!! Love you!!

The Lynns said...

Holy cow, Ter! We need to stop playing phone tag so I can actually talk to you! Congrats! How exciting!!

Brandon said...

CONGRATS!

Kim said...

Congratulations, Friend! It was great to catch up for a minute yesterday. Can't wait to see you in a few days...

emily anderson said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't even begin to tell you how excited i am for you :)!!!!
okay, so, you'll have to tell me more...were you dating him when i saw you in october??? i don't remember...gawl, blame the bad memory on my kids.

oh my gosh...when's the big day??? i want to come!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Ter, I am soooo excited for you! You will make a beautiful bride and more importantly you will be a great wife!

Ash

Anonymous said...

Terri, i did not know about this. What's happened to us? You're getting married and I got knocked up...we need a serious wedding so we can catch up! Congrats, I'm so happy for you. :)

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...