Monday, March 10, 2008

Plans


Well we started planning on Saturday. I’ve been given all of this advice to enjoy your engagement. Enjoy your fiancé. Don’t stress out. Just let things come together. Accept help. All of these things are good words of wisdom. And I do love being engaged. And I love, love, love my fiancé, of course. But wedding planning? In 3 months? It’s a tiny bit stressful. Thankfully my mom is very willing to help and my Aunt Ann is giving me great suggestions and good assistance as well.

So far we’ve made A TON of plans! We’ve purchased plane tickets. Booked hotel rooms. Made rehearsal and reception reservations. Booked a sweet officiate (named Rev. Barbara Beach of course). And several other small things. I feel like we’re on a roll! But wait! There’s so mulch more to be done! Dress shopping, flowers, cake, who will be where, when, marriage license application, passports, honeymoon plans, ceremony wording, invitations, reception plans, packing, moving, ACK! I’ve never been more excited in my life! But planning a wedding? In 3 months? You get the idea =)

Oh, so you want to know the details, huh? Well we’ve decided on a tiny family affair on Cannon Beach in Oregon on June 11th.



It’s going to be beautiful, but pray it doesn’t rain! We’re staying at the Tolovana Inn, which is gorgeous and right on the beach.
We’re dining at the Wayfarer for the rehearsal dinner.

Morris’ Fireside Café for the reception.

Our officiate is Rev. Barbara Beach and she sounds absolutely perfect on the phone. And she’s adorable! http://www.yourweddingatthebeach.com/home.cfm?dir_cat=72439

And after we’re husband and wife? THE BAHAMAS!



We can't wait to celebrate with everyone at a huge BBQ open house in the late summer!
I'll try to keep you posted as the details come in!




2 comments:

Sarah said...

Terri, your plans sound amazing!! I am a BIG fan of small family weddings and short engagements!!!! :) Keep me posted on the open house... we're hoping to be brave enough to come to Colorado this summer... if we can manage to make it around the same time as the open house, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see you and meet your husband! :)

Melanie L said...

I think she changed her last name for marketing purposes. Barbara, that is. :)

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...