Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Dresses and cupcakes

Well I went dress shopping on Saturday. It was so fun to have some girlfriends there with me and my mom. We had a fun breakfast with Dad, then hit the bridal store. After trying on so many dresses I realized I think I went in with unrealistic expectations and was disappointed when I didn't fall head over heals for one. But there was a gorgeous one that I really adore. I'm not 100% ready to make the decision until I shop some more. We're going again on Thursday, so I'll keep you posted. Until then here are some pictures WITHOUT dresses because my Jeffrey might sneak on here once in a while. ;)




Mom, Liz, Mel, Me and Dad




Me, Tiff and Sar


Britta, Sar, Tiff and Liz (why aren't they paying attention?)


Maybe I'll do a side pony for the wedding?


Adorable Liz and Mel!

I think I'm done for the day. It was a bit overwhelming!



And this is a rough draft of a cupcake tier I'm going to make. We're going to hve cupcakes instead of a cake. I got the idea for this tier from a friends shower last year. It has potential once the fabric and ribbon are cut, don't you think?!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a FUN day! I love your cupcake idea :-) Those are the BEST!

Anonymous said...

Ter--you will look GORGEOUS in any dress! I had luck at D'Anelli Bridal (Belmar area). Lots of people I know got their dress there. Just an idea! :)

Ash

Sarah said...

Terri, thanks for letting us be there with you from across the miles. You are gorgeous! Love the cupcake idea. So creative!

Anonymous said...

Hi friend! We don't seem to be having luck with phone tag, so thought I'd drop you a line here. I'm suffering from a new wedding and work stress induced bout of insomnia, getting up in the middle of the night to check email from my boss and research venues. And I totally understand your feelings on dress shopping--exhausting. You'd make a beautiful bride in any gown though!

All said and done, I've fallen in love with a designer gown with an equally designer price tag. This un-bridezilla agrees with Daddy: "Geez, maybe if you were gonna wear it everyday for the rest of your life! Otherwise, you could buy a new car with that kind of cash!" I evidently have very good taste. But I'm also creative enough to know that a good seamstress can knock it off for peanuts.

Anywho, hope you have a lovely weekend. We're expecting some more warm weather and I'm headed out to visit venues around Nashville...

Hope we catch up soon! Love you.
--KSchro

emily anderson said...

holey moley...so much to say...
okay, first off, you are crafty, and i love your cupcake tier! it will be perfect! secondly, you and your dark hair are GORGEOUS!! for real terr...gorgeou.
remember when we dyed our hair to look like spaniards. all in hopes that raul would fall head over heels in love with us :)
ha!
thirdly...love the side poney. too funny!
is your reception going to be in colorado?
talk to you soon...

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...