Sunday, August 3, 2008

Breathe in the Summer

Jeff has an amazing talent for MANY things including (but not limited to) painting, woodworking, music, math, language, cooking and gardening! Let me show you a glimpse of the beauty that surrounds us because of his skills.



This purple plant reminds me of lavender, but of course I don't know what it really is.


Well, these grapes are actually from our neighbor, Miss Daniel's, yard, but aren't they delish looking?! I can't wait to eat them.


Strawberry patch. We've only had a small amount of strawberries, but even then, how cool is that?!


A monster zucchini Jeff picked yesterday to make bread with.


This is the view above my head when I'm laying on the hammock. Ahhhhhhh. Jeff built the Pergola, too.


A bush with gorgeous purple blossoms.


Pretty white flowers in the garden.



Tiny purple flowers.


Yellow columbines.




Peppers!


Sugar snaps.


Look at how tall those hollyhocks are!




Planters. The Geranium is named Dr. Gerry. We bought it because some of the proceeds went toward breast cancer and we know a sweet woman who is going through it. The Dr. reminds us to pray for her and send out good thoughts.


Another planter full of pretty flowers.


We even have life inside the house! This is Phil, I contributed her :)


Here we have another philodendron, a cactus and a tree that I don't know the name. (the sunflowers, I'm afraid to admit, are fake.)


An herb that I don't remember and my 5 year old African Violet!


That's not everything, but aren't those pretty little reminders to take a deep breath and enjoy life?!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I am impressed! I can barely keep fake plants alive. :)

On a more serious note - I sense a deepening appreciation for the little things - making the most of every moment. Being a wife and mom did the same thing to me. Isn't it amazing?

mom said...

It's been a few weeks since I've looked at your blog. I love looking at the pictures and reading your comments. You are amazing. And I'm not at all biased.

:-)

Sara Joy Martin said...

girl! I need jeff to teach me things about growing flowers. I really have become more interested in growing plants/flowers. Fun! Want to do lunch again soon? I've loved seeing you recently. bye for now...

Anonymous said...

Fun pics Ter!
Ash
(my head band was from Target-goody brand!)

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...