Monday, August 25, 2008

Democratic National Convention


This week our capital city is hosting the Democratic National Convention! I’m pretty excited about this cool opportunity, even if I’m not sure I’ll vote for Obama. Most of you know that I’m not a conservative by any means, and usually pretty liberal. Even a nutcase, sometimes, huh, Granddad? ;) I’ve been looking at the DNC website and there are some really cool and interesting things there. You should check it out! One of my favorite parts is the “Greening” of the convention. The party has taken some amazing steps to conserve energy and resources.

“The DNCC is devoted to leaving behind a strong legacy of sustainability and environmental stewardship both in Denver and for future Democratic Conventions. We believe we have a responsibility to not only green our Convention but to educate all who attend, as well as those who watch from their living rooms around the world. We hope you will join us in our greening efforts in 2008 and for years to come.”

Check it out!

1 comment:

Kate Amaya said...

Hey! So I was there on Sunday. It's nuts. I blogged about it! Are you going to try to go up this week? One of my best friends works for the DNC, so we have the inside scoop!

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...