Monday, July 6, 2009

A list of lists

I am very type A. I LOVE making lists. I'm the girl who will make a list of things that I DID just so I can cross them off! So just so you know, putting up more beach pictures on the blog is on my list. Along with:

removing bathroom wallpaper
switching out light switch covers (because they are broken OR have awesome fish and bear themes on them)
paint trim
paint hallways
paint doors
replace linoleum tiles with actual tile
replace faucets
buy trashcans
hang pictures
fix hole in wall
buy new appliances
clean up basement (eww, it's not going to be fun-I mean, it's not too gross, it just has old carpet down there and a few things the old owners left. Because they thought we'd need random paneling?)
paint bathrooms
buy comfy chair for bedroom (because it's so big and has a nook I will call the reading nook ;)
clean carpets upstairs and on the stairs
get granite counter tops (did I mention this is a project SLASH WISH list?)
etc, etc, etc.

So there is a LOT to do! BUT, we accomplished the move in 4 hours on Saturday. That's a record, I'm pretty sure. We had lots of family help, without which we could not have done it at all! Thanks, Grandma, Granddad, Mom, Dad, Patsy and Jim! They helped paint, put in wood floors AND move. And thanks to Stace, Liz, Kevin and Jason for your help painting, too :) I am overwhelmed with things to do AND with excitement and gratefulness. Stay tuned (someday) for more vacation AND new house pictures.

No comments:

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...