Friday, August 14, 2009

bling

Can I just tell you I LOVE my wedding ring? I was without it for the past week beacause I took it in for it’s 6 month check up/cleaning/beautifying. I got it back yesterday and I can’t stop admiring it. It's so sparkly! Plus I love thinking about when we went ring shopping. It was a spontaneous thing. We were up in Denver visiting several of my friends. On the way home we stopped at the mall. Hubbs just led me right to a jewelry store. I was so nervous! And a bit surprised. So we started looking at rings. And then I started trying them on. I started with the ring I’d imagined liking most. A solitaire with a simple white gold band. I tried small, round diamonds and square ones. (I don’t even know what they are called. What kind of girl am I?!) Then the helpful sales person brought out the wedding bands that would look nice with the rings. One of them was this really pretty, simple yet classic white gold band with little diamond around half of it. It was so beautiful! Hubbs said, “why don’t you try that one on by itself.” So I did. And you could tell that he really loved it. And that made me love it even more. And that’s the one he got me! It’s been so perfect for me. Goes with every outfit (I know, what ring doesn’t?) Isn’t hard to keep up. Doesn’t get caught on clothes or my face. Ouch! I think it’s very me. And very me and Jeff. Anyway, just wanted to share. It’s not about the ring, I know. It’s about the love. The commitment. The eternal. And I love other girls rings, too. They can be so unique, so charming, so elegant, so HUGE, and each one really seems perfect for that girl. But I do, I really do love this ring :) (I would take a picture of it to remind you what it looks like, but I got a new camera and I can’t find the stupid USB cable! I’m so bummed! I’m going to have to go buy one I guess, but it’s just so irritating that I keep putting it off hoping it will magically appear.)

Also, it never gets old looking at Hubbs hand and seeing his ring. It belongs there, I do believe :)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I want to see a picture! I definitely don't remember. But I do completely identify with the feeling in the jewelry store... the first time we went, I had to warn Scott that for a very long time, I had zero interest in an engagement ring. So I knew absolutely NOTHING about rings... or jewelry in general! I was SO nervous! It was quite amusing :)

Blomgrens said...

Your ring is sparkly and I like it :)
Before you buy a USB cord... does your printer have a memory card slot thing? That could help save $ on your budget!

Melanie L said...

You could just link to your engagement blog. Duh. :)

http://terscrossroads.blogspot.com/2008/03/yes.html

I did notice that it looked super sparkly this weekend! Yay, diamonds. :)

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...