Saturday, March 2, 2013

Olivia Layne - 14 Months

Dearest Olivia,

I can't believe how much you learn and grow in a months time. Sometimes when I look into your eyes I glimpse a little girl instead of a baby. But let's not rush it! You are doing so many things these days. You enjoy walking while mama or daddy holds onto your hands, or you push your stroller around. It's funny to watch you try to put your baby or Leo or Rabbit in the stroller. You concentrate so hard to get them in it just right. At bathtime you wash your own tummy by rubbing all over and dabbing the soap bottle on it. You have started sleeping in your crib all night every night. Well, you don't actually SLEEP all night, but you don't come into our room anymore. I would say about 50% of the time you sleep without waking up, and the other half of the time you wake up about once and I rock you back to sleep. You are completely done nursing. Sometime in the beginning of February, after several days of not nursing, I brought you into our bed in the wee hours of the morning hoping you would fall back to sleep (no such luck!) and you asked for milk. I was sad I couldn't give you any, it was the end of a precious bonding phase for us, but you didn't seem to mind at all, which made it easier, and strangely a little harder, too. You have learned a few more signs: butterfly, help, please, and sometimes you put your hands out like you are saying "where is it?" or "I don't know." I think the signing is good because it gives us more of an idea of what you want, but sometimes you get the signs confused or you try using different signs when we don't understand what you need and it gets frustrating for you. I'm looking forward to being able to communicate with each other more and more so you can know that you will get what you need from us when you need it. You have started making a growling sound and it is hilarious and adorable! You also make a sort of high squeak or hoot when asked to tell us what certain animals say. I LOVE that you are trying to talk and you are so smart! Dinner time is getting more fun because you are learning how to use a fork. You enjoy trying to scoop up food and put it in your own mouth and it's a blast when you accomplish it! We went on a little girls only trip to Fort Collins this month and it was a blast. You did great in the car, the hotel, and exploring Mama's old college town. It was really special for me to have such a sweet time with you and it made me really excited for all the trips we'll go on together in the future. You have the sweetest smile and brightest eyes. You are such a happy baby and bring so much joy to Mama and Daddy. We love you to the moon and back!

And now for too many pictures. I have to make up for lost time now that I only do a monthly update!







































No comments:

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...