Sunday, September 7, 2008

What an awesome weekend!

This is what hope looks like.
On Sunday I joined my mom and her great friend Angie along with several other ladies to walk the Race for the Cure. It was so inspirational to see so many thousands of people participating in such a beautiful event. It was at Garden of the Gods and the morning was gorgeous. I am thankful to have been able join such great people!


Mom, Angie and Wendy


Just a shot of part of the thousands of people at the beginning of the walk.



Mom and me :)


That's Angie with the bandana getting ready to walk under the cool balloon arch starting point.



Angie and Mom walking and talking.


Wendy, Angie and Mom taking a break and enjoying a live band.


The finish line!


On Saturday Jeff and I went to Denver to hang out with my good friend Kimberly and her hubby Anthony and their little daughter Avery. We went to the Cheesecake Factory and then walked around downtown. It was SO FUN to see them!






1 comment:

Sarah said...

what a great cause! and so much fun! makes me miss colorado to see garden of the gods and downtown denver. and terri schurz :)

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...