Friday, May 7, 2010

Recipe Review-Spicy Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Ingredients


2 sweet potatoes
2 Tbsp Cumin
1 Tsp Chili Powder OR Cayenne Pepper
1-2 Tsp salt
4 Tbsp olive oil

Directions


Preheat oven to 350. Peel and wash potatoes. Cut into tiny slices or you may prefer wedges. Combine olive oil and other ingredients in large bowl. Toss with potatoes until coated. Place on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Serve with catchup or sauce of your choice.

Delicious! I tried tiny fries, but even though I baked them for longer than instructed they still didn’t turn out very crispy. I think next time I will try wedges since I know they will be soft anyway and the flavor of the potato was so yummy. Beware, these were super spicy. You might like to replace the chili powder or cayenne pepper with a milder seasoning of your choice.

I've always wanted to try making these because the two times I've had them at restaurants I've loved them. We give them 4 thumbs up!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

that sounds seriously tasty!

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...