Sunday, November 25, 2012

Fa La La La La!!!!!!


Well we have been busy having FUN! Cade is home and we've been enjoying some fabulous family time. I may be biased, but I have to say, Cade is the greatest teenage boy ever! As he gets older (sniff!) he gets more polite, more thoughtful, funnier, and cuter. He is an excellent big brother and I could not wish for a better brother for Livi. She delights in him! It took her a smidge to remember him, but now she is head over heels for him again :) We spent Thanksgiving with Grandma and Grandpa Smalberger, Great Grandma and Great Granddad and Uncle Scottie. The food was amazing and the company was even better. At the beginning of the week we got a special visit from Gramma and Grampa Schurz. It's always wonderful and easy to have them as guests and hard to say goodbye. Gramma did a photo shoot with us for our Christmas cards, so stay tuned for those in your mail! And before that Olivia and I got to meet Santa! He came to our mall complete with a parade, lighting of the giant tree and some hip-hopping elves. She loved the dancing elves, but did NOT love Santa. Ah well, we still have a picture to commemorate the evening, with Mama next to Santa and Olivia in Mama's lap :) I experimented with making homemade ornaments for family from Olivia. I hoped to put her hand print in homemade clay but no one told me it's impossible to get a 10 month old to press a flattened hand into clay. Oh well, I still took pictures, of course. We also decorated for Christmas. 'Tis the season. I LOVE this time of year! Here is an overload of pictures. Enjoy!


At the mall meeting Santa.


Helping knead the dough for ornaments



Sorry Clarence, I have a new best friend!

Cade got the guitar out and serenaded us :)

 


Gramma and Daddy drove Olivia around in her new car ;)



A new tradition

This is what Cade is thankful for: Video games.

This is what my husband is thankful for: Tools.




Deciding what to buy on Black Friday ;)

Is that not the greatest picture of my grandparents?!

Learning to feed herself with Brothers help



A sharp shooter indeed. One hand holding binoculars, one hand pulling the trigger!

I bought these ADORABLE soft ornaments at Target for Livia


Playing with her truck

That's a big kitty! Ruby is the BEST doggie ever!

I'm so big I can stand up AND I don't need a diaper ;)



Story time after bath time

Check out the 'do!


She loves to look at her "O" every night

Her first Christmas tree

Playing with her ornaments

naked truck time






The Velveteen Rabbit was one of my favorites. I can't wait until she will really listen to it.

Maybe next year this sweet man won't be so scary ;)









No comments:

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...