Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Let's just get this over with"

I just got my Christmas cards! I mean, they aren't really cards, but photocard things. They are pretty cute. But you should have been there when Jeff's mom, Patsy, was taking the photo. If you know my boys, you know they HATE to be in pictures. I'm not sure if Cade actually hates it, but he pretty much does anything his dad does, so he hates it, if you know what I mean. I knew we would need to be quick and to the point with the pictures, so I said "OK, let's go, let's take the perfect family picture." So we get in front of the tree and I try to make them laugh, but it doesn't really work and the first picture is pretty silly. Then Patsy thinks we should kneel so we can see the tree better. GREAT! We kneel. But Cade doesn't smile. Jeff says "come on, Cade, let's just get this over with." Such happy, joyous Christmas spirit ;) And Cade doesn't appear to be cooperating. I am behind him, but I have a feeling he's rolling his eyes. So Patsy is saying "come on Cade" and I'm trying to smile big for whenever the flash goes off, hoping we'll all be smiling at the same time and Jeff is literally yelling at the top of his lungs "CADE! PLEASE!" Oh dear. It was movie-worthy, I'm sure. We finally got the 2nd picture taken. We're no model family, but it will do. I can't wait for you to see it!

1 comment:

Melanie L said...

Oh yay! I can't wait! I better be on that list.

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...