Monday, December 8, 2008

Someplace New Review 5-6

Luigi’s
Downtown.
This Italian restaurant was adorable. Plus it was family owned, which I really appreciate. It was complete with wine bottles all over the ceiling and walls and red and white checkered table cloths. It was also deceivingly big! I really liked the atmosphere and that they offered us more complimentary bread when we finished the first basket. I had the special and it was quite yummy. Jeff had chicken parmesan and said it was “alright.” I’d probably go there again. Once we run out of new places to go! The pricing was decent, so that was a plus. All in all, a 7.5 of 10.
http://www.luigiscoloradosprings.com/


Edelweiss
Downtown
Finally something not Italian! Don’t get me wrong, Italian is delish, but this was a fun change. It was fabulously decorated inside and out for Christmas. Each table had a Nutcracker in the center piece. They even had a large, real tree in one corner. The menu was filled with unpronounceable items and for a meat-eater they all sounded great! When Jeff got his meal he said he had never had one plate with so many different meats on it. I think he had some sort of beef, a brat and some pork. Plus sauerkraut and potatoes. I had spatzle. Basically mac ‘n cheese but MUCH yummier.. I would definitely go back, but they didn’t offer too many veg choices. Maybe I could improvise, though. Oh, and the prices were a little higher than I’d like, but still didn’t kill us. Our waitress was even German! This place topped the list for Jeff. He gave it a 9 of 10.
http://www.edelweissrest.com/

No comments:

An open letter to the school district

 So the plan for school this year, at the K-5 level, was pretty complicated to begin. (the plan was made after lots of meeting and planning ...